From what I am told you can own giraffe in your yard if you have the amount of land and permits, atleast that was the conversation we had on our Saturday trip to skate the park in Petal hoping the rain would hold off…
Top 5 reasons to have your own giraffe are as follows…
1. They are quite
2. They will keep your tree branches pruned and your power lines clear.
3. They can be leased to the city for free leaf and branch removal.
4. Can be easily fitted with helmet cams for security and crowd control.
5. Can be as a neighborhood tourist attraction.
The negatives are:
1. Poop cleanup, which has got to be much larger than my german shepard.
2. Constant badgering of neighbors wanting to see/touch it
3. People stopping around your house to see the giraffe at all time of day and night.
4. Mental Mississippi hunters thinking it would be their only chance to hunt this poor creature in your yard. I don’t think they would be quick enough or smart enough to duck.
I am sure there are more in both sides but I am too lazy to research anymore about it…