Do you & your friends have what it takes to be
The King Of Jackson 2016
The King of Jackson contest is similar to Thrasher’s King of the Road. Your team will have a series of tasks to complete for points. It will run from Friday November 4th to Sunday November 6th. Arrive at Wheelson (1861 Wilson St. Jackson, MS) Friday night to receive your instructions. The contest will start at 9pm November 4th. You will have all day Saturday to complete as many of the tasks possible. Sunday November 6th will be an after party BBQ and announcement of the winning team.
$50 Per Team (2-5 People)
Entry fee covers:
- Food and drink at Sunday’s BBQ.
- What’s left goes to the winning team. The more teams enter the more money the winners go home with. If you’re not first, you’re last!
Things you will need:
- A team or group of friends to skate with. No less than 2, no more than 5.
- A smart phone able to make and upload video clips and upload to the internet.
- A YouTube or Vimeo account.
- A signed waiver
Each team will be sent to different skate spots around Jackson. Your team is required to complete certain tasks for points.
You must film the trick and upload it to the internet somewhere (Youtube, Vimeo etc.). The clip must be posted and approved to the SkateMS KOJ web app to receive credit. Each clip earns you points. Some more than others.
- Team registration must be completed by October 28th
- Payment must be received upon entering (On November 4th)
- Teams can have up to 5 skaters.
- Entries must use fresh, new footage. Old footage will result in disqualification and humiliation.
- Site suggestions you can upload to: YouTube, Vimeo, or another video service (as long as you can get a direct URL to that video.
- Bragging rights
- The 4TH KOJ TITLE!
- Cash Money to the Winning Team!